I am wide awake tonight and messing around with my camera in low light situations. After taking some photos of my tree I began to realize how peaceful and beautiful my home is late at night. I have always thought that my insomnia was a curse, but tonight I'm looking at it differently. I have been day dreaming (I guess night dreaming) about how much fun Christmas is going to be this year, and thinking about how blessed we are that we were able to help out two little families this year that wouldn't have had much of a Christmas. I am so excited for those children!!!
But mostly, I am just in awe of the beauty of the Christmas season. I guess I need these quiet nights to truly reflect on how blessed I am with a beautiful family and many wonderful friends, these bring so much joy into my life and isn't this what life is all about?
We will open presents on Christmas morning and then spend the day with family just like we always do, but this year, I am going to remember tonight and REALLY cherish. the. day.
I am going to care less about the details and more about the moments!

1 comment:
Great post!!! I know Faun would be proud :)
Post a Comment