Thursday, October 30, 2008

Hunter's summer job

Hunter's favorite thing to do this summer (besides his obsession with the ice cream man) was to mow the lawn with Dave. We love Dave. He has been mowing our lawn for 9 years. So Hunter has grown up watching Dave come every week and use his amazing lawn mower.

A couple of years ago I bought Hunter this Fisher Price lawn mower and he loves, loves, loves this toy. He thinks it is real. So on Thursday mornings when he hears Dave outside he runs and gets his gloves and lawn mower and goes out to help. In fact, he has been asking for 2 years now to get a 'Dave costume'. If you know Hunter, then you know how much he loves costumes! Apparently, a 'Dave costume' consists of a plaid shirt, leather gloves, baseball hat, sun glasses and lots of garbage bags. He is very specific about the leather gloves. It is so funny to watch him out there right along side Dave with his little mower.
And the greatest thing is he calls it "mow lawning". He will say "Hey mom, I need to go outside with my mow lawner and help Dave." I love having a 5 year old!!!






Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Melissa Nelson said...

I'm so glad you left a comment because I didn't know you were doing your blog again. I can't read the text, but the pictures are cute! Katie is SO big. I was wondering who that girl was in the quilt pics and then it hit me!!! She has grown up so much. I love the invention.

Followers