Yesterday I needed to take a few books back to the library, so I thought I could take all three kids in to look around for just a few minutes. I am still working on literacy in our home!!
Okay, so Katie is so excited to check out a few books. She goes right over to the computer and starts typing away for her latest 'Dear Dumb Diary' series she is reading. I guess she will be my reader. Spencer just starts looking for Pokemon picture books and Hunter won't hold still or be quiet. Apparently I never taught him what the word 'whisper' means. I could not get him to even stand by me while I look for one book.
So I ask Spencer, who has returned with no books because he doesn't want to read ever again, if he will take Hunter outside while I go check out. He says sure and immediately Hunter runs for the door, except it isn't the main door it's the emergency door!!!! I tried to call to him but it was too late. He opened the door and then the most horrible alarm went off throughout the entire library. His face was full of fear and bright red as he came running back to me. I looked up to see every head turning towards me. Yes it was one of those moments when I wanted to crawl into a hole. Well, the alarm was still going off and I am dragging my two boys up to the main counter to confess that my child had set off the alarm and beg them to check out my books and let me leave in peace (ha, ha).
During all of this, Katie is still looking for her books, so I go over to her section and I find her there with her books and two boys!!! These boys were completely flirting with her and she was having a great time. She was oblivious to the alarm and my horror. My horror on both parts, Hunter is a maniac and Katie is growing up way too fast!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
OH MY! Funny post.
Thanks for bringing a smile to my face!!! It's nice to know that these things happen to other people!! I'm sorry about Katie:) I hope that day never comes with Sydni!!! I know it will come sooner than I want. Your kids are great. Thanks for reminding me how important reading is for kids..I really stink at that.
Post a Comment